Fall is the best time of year to start that home renovation you’ve been putting off! Upgrade your countertops before the holiday season to truly marvel your guests and family. To help you prepare for your countertop installation, we have prepared this resourceful step-by-step guide to ensure you know what to do and expect in a countertop remodel.
- Planning is important when taking on any project and this goes for countertop installations too. You want to be prepared for extra help or if there might be delays with family schedules. It is good to plan ahead to know that your project will come out just the way you want it!
- After exploring your options and deciding what your priorities are, the next thing you will want to do is establish your budget. Having your budget planned out beforehand will help you avoid unnecessary costs down the line, and guide you through the process. By having an allotted amount, you will have a realistic expectation of what you will be able to accomplish in any project.
- Know your Space
- If you are changing the layout of your kitchen or bathroom it’s a good idea to have a plan of what you want and don’t want for your new look. StoneMark’s knowledgeable team will be able to provide further assistance as to what can be done, the opportunities that lie ahead and so much more. Some things to take into account for a complete renovation are plumbing, electrical connections and traffic patterns in the home.
- In-Home Measurement
- Before you schedule an appointment in one of our showrooms, it’s very important to take some measurements and dimensions of your current space. These don’t have to be exact but they will provide an idea of how much material is needed for your project to provide a quote.
- Select your Slab
- This is the fun part: selecting your favorite countertop material. At Stonemark, our extensive selection of countertop materials includes stunning natural stones like granite, marble, quartzite and soapstone, as well as durable quartz and compact surface options. We offer materials from the top manufacturers in the country with an extensive color selection and numerous edge profiles to choose from to add stunning detail. Click here to view our wide portfolio of countertop brands, materials, colors and finishes to find the perfect match for your home.
- Measure Appointment
- This is when things get real! Our team will schedule both your measure and install appointments two weeks apart on most projects. During your measure, we’ll take laser measurements to electronically map your space to ensure an accurate fit of your new countertops upon installation. During our measure appointment, it’s important to have your countertops cleared off before our Measure Technician arrives. This appointment is extremely important as we finalize the design intent so it is critical the decision maker is present for the duration of the appointment.
- Prepare your Home
- On the day of your installation, it’s important to clear pathways and entryways for our team to carefully enter your home with your new, gorgeous material.
- Leave the Rest to US!
- It’s time to sit back and relax while we do the work, and we promise, this is going to happen quickly! Your new countertops will be installed and ready for you to enjoy in no time. Once the work is complete, our installers will review the job with you and answer any questions you may have.
Looking to understand the process in more detail? We developed our customer experience cycle to guide you so you know what to anticipate each step of the way.
We can’t wait for you to start your home renovation shortly! Be sure to contact us when you are ready to start your project and our team will be happy to assist you every step of the way.