Loading color scheme
Selecting a countertop may be a decision you only make once or twice. Because of this, you might have a few questions. We're here to provide answers and make the process as seamless as possible. A good place to start is with our Preparing Your Home for StoneMark Countertops document which will have you ready to meet with our Template Technician. Slab selection is best done after your template creation.
We’ve developed lasting relationships with the largest stone importers worldwide, which allows us to buy effectively and pass savings on to you. Come see us at our Logan Street location to experience our diverse slab assortment. Give us a call at (502) 315-5110 and make an appointment!
We've learned a lot in our years in the stone business! Our guide Preparing Your Home for StoneMark Countertops is a great tool to ensure your installation runs smoothly. Make sure you review this before your field measure date so you can discuss any issues with the Template Tech. Please call our office to make an appointment for your slab selection. Slab selection is best done after your template is made.
1. Field Measure- After you place your order we'll need to make a template or pattern for your new countertops. We use the newest template technology available - the Laser Products 2D/3D. Not only does this assure a custom fit to your unique kitchen dimensions, it also means you can leave your old tops on while we template and make the new ones! There are a few things you need to know about templating over your current tops. Please review the detail is our document Templating Over Existing Countertops.
2. Choosing Your Slab- If you’ve chosen Sensa granite, Silestone or any of the other beautiful colors we stock in house we recommend starting at StoneMark first. You will come to our location on Logan Street in Louisville to view your slabs. We encourage you to come see what a large slab looks like and approve your final color selection. View a map of our location. If you want something more exotic, we can make selections from our suppliers' warehouses. We can pull up high resolution digital photos of actual slabs, or you may choose to visit one of our distribution partners shown here. Please tell them we sent you! The slabs you put on hold there will be placed on our account and we'll contact you about the price.
3. Tearout- If you have new cabinets you get to skip this step! If your old tops are still in place we can take them off for you and dispose of them. There is an extra charge for this service so please discuss it with your project coordinator to make sure we allot the appropriate time.
4. Install- The big day is finally here! If you've reviewed Preparing Your Home for StoneMark Countertops things should go smoothly.
5. Plumbing/Electrical/Carpentry/Tile- Our staff knows stone but we don't know a thing about any of these services! Ideally you should wait 24 hours before your plumber hooks up your sink, but the electrician or plumber can connect your cooktop immediately. Any additional tile or carpentry work can be scheduled at your convenience.
A StoneMark countertop doesn’t get our stamp of approval until it gets one from you.
We’re making an effort to minimize our ecological impact. That’s why we use a Pristine Water Filtration system to recycle the water we use while cutting our stone. We make sure all of our stone is utilized — keeping remnants for smaller projects and repurposing small pieces for gravel and commercial construction.
Our new granite countertops are stunning! They were friendly and informative from our measuring all the way through installation. I cannot say enough about Derek. He and his team came out to install the countertops. He was extremely personable and knowledgeable! We would definitely recommend this company and will be using them for any future countertop needs.Kristin S.
StoneMark was great to work with and they had a great selection of stone to choose from. The guy that came to measure and the installers were timely, polite and wore their mask at all times! Would definitely recommend StoneMark!Karen C.